Saturday, December 15, 2012

Here a Flicker There a Flicker

I do enjoy watching a Flicker in action at the suet feeder. 

The tail feathers are clearly working as a balancing mechanism here.
Note how high up the feet are - almost at the bird's throat. 

Munch munch.

The spotted feathers on the belly are one of the prettiest of nature's designs I think.

Thanks for stopping by Mr. Flicker.

Oh wait!
Now Ms. Flicker is at the feeder.

She is just as pretty as Mr. Flicker in a quieter fashion.

Her feathers are quite pretty too. 

All she is missing is the flashy red stripe on her throat. 

8 comments:

cucki said...

aww so sweettttttttttttttttttttt
love x

Linda K's Creativity Works said...

I love seeing your photos of the Birds and other Wildlife Animals...I love Photos of Nature and you take beautiful photos.

Thanks for sharing....

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Just beautiful Beth, I did so enjoy clicking on each photo and seeing them close up.

CalamityJr said...

Fascinating! Thanks for educating us in such a beautiful way, Beth!

Mouse said...

they are beautiful ... my wee birds where in the tree telling me the feeder was empty ...lol as soon as I went outside to fill up they flew away *sigh no photos again ...lol
love mouse xxxx

Barb said...

As soon as we get home the feeders will go up. I miss seeing the flickers. The other day, two visited the place where the feeders hung last year. I was amazed.

Maggee said...

What great shots of the flickers! Looks like you were very close to them! Thanks for sharing! Hugs!

Kathy Shea Mormino said...

Hello, new follower here and I’d like to invite you to join me at my weekly
Clever Chicks Blog Hop:

http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/12/clever-chicks-blog-hop-13.html
I hope you can make it!
Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino
The Chicken Chick