Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Snow Peas and Giant Primroses

Design - "Snappy Snow Pea"
Designer - Ewe & Eye & Friends
Fabric - 40 count Sandstone line
Fibers - GAST, WDW & Anchor - 1 strand over 2 threads
Started - 3 September 2012
Completed - 6 September 2012

So here's my Snow Pea.  I've stitched almost all the Ewe & Eye and Friend's vegetable patterns.  

It's time once again for a Garden Party.  There's lots going on in September including Giant Primroses.  Let's take a look.

This Penstemon 'Firebird' has been blooming non-stop since mid-June.  After the first flush had finished, we cut it back, and without delay the plant sent up an second bunch of bloom stalks.  I'm pleased.  The Hummingbirds are ecstatic!

Salt and Pepper. 
September and Sunflowers.
Perfect Pairs!
This is called 'Giant Primrose'.  Fooled you, didn't I?!?
The Hummingbirds are also loving my monstrously large Black and Blue Salvia (Salvia guaranitica).

I am enjoying the wonderful purple blooms of the Verbena bonariensis.  It self-sowed and look quite arty with no effort on my part.

On the Front Porch, the pots of Coleus are an explosion of interesting leaf patterns.
My two Rudbeckia fulgida plants bloom and bloom and bloom.  The blooms last and last too.  So even though the deer are nibbling, I still have a great display.

For sizzling September color, nothing beats a Dahlia.  This is Weston Spanish Dancer. 

Sometimes less is more.  This little trailing Calibrachoa is a nice vignette all on its own.

Here's a shorter Sunflower about 3-4' tall and branching.
It is well named - 'Ring of Fire'.

I'll end my garden tour as I began, with a Penstemon 'Enore'.  The photo does not do it justice -  it's a wonderful deep grape color.

I hope you enjoyed today's Garden Tour and that you are able to get out and play in your garden.  

10 comments:

Margaret said...

So beautiful!!! Lovely flowers -- love the snow peas too. :D

cucki said...

aww cute stitching..lovely flowers xx

Carol said...

Your garden flowers are always so beautiful, Beth--love the different varieties of sunflowers! Nice little finish with the snow peas, too :)

Ann at Beadlework. said...

What a beautiful mix of colours. The dahlia is so bonnie.

Athena at Minervas Garden said...

Such lovely flowers, Beth. I love penstemon--I was wondering what variety the first one is? Your black and blue salvia is so pretty. I grew it here, and it did not winter over at all, and it's so pretty I'd like to try again! Take care--have a great rest of the week.

Unknown said...

All the flowers are beautiful, but that dahlia is amazing - what a gorgeous burst of color!!

Pam in IL said...

Thanks for sharing your garden tour. Your flowers still look so spectacular. It seems like all our flowers, vegetable gardens and yards look tired and stressed this time of year.

Love the oh so cute stitching too!

Annette-California said...

Loved your Garden Tour. Oh all the blooms colors are spectacular. How are you going to finish all the Ewe & Eye veggie patterns? Are they all on one piece of fabric or individual?
love Annette

Andrea said...

Cute finish! I've done a similar one by EE&F, a long time ago, and just recently had it "finished", will post it soon!

Your garden is just lovely! I have the brownest thumb ever, so all those pretty blooms just make me GREEN with envy ;-)

Gabi said...

Lovely finish. Congrats.
Love also your beautiful flowers