Saturday, July 11, 2009

Friendship Crossing - Corvallis, Oregon


On Saturday, July 11th I made a road trip north to Corvallis, Oregon for the annual sale at Friendship Crossing, one of my favorite cross stitch stores. I arrived at 9:00am (the sale began at 7:00am) and there was still a wonderful selection of items. As is noted below I got sucked into the bargain bins on the sidewalk in front of the store, but also made several purchases of charts and fabric inside. Friendship Crossing is a wonderful store - small but with a great number of display models, lots and lots of fabric, charts, kits, and fiber. Nirvana for the stitcher!





****
To the left are some of the charts I purchased for 20% off. To the right are any array of the many charts from the $1 bargain bins - so many choices, such a deal, how could I say no?
While I did not purchase any floss, I did take advantage of an array pre-cut fabric at 20% off. It is great to have a stash of fabric in different collors and counts when the spirit is moved to stitch. If I had arrived at the store at 7:00am in my pjs I could have received 40% off "normal" priced charts, kits, floss, and pre-cut fabric...but my driver is not a morning person! So maybe next year. Anyway, I now have the happy problem of deciding which of the many charts from my new huge stash will be my next cross stitch project. What fun to read and play with my new toys and decide what to do next!
Many thanks to Ann, the owner of Friendship Crossing. I had a great time and look forward to returning to your store in the near future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really miss visiting and purchasing from Friendship Crossing! My daughter has graduated and Corvallis is no longer a destination! WISH they had a website or a newsletter!i