Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Garden Update and the Next Project


On the gardening front, yesterday was very hot for this part of the world, 102 degrees; and today and tomorrow are supposed to be every bit as scorching. This morning I got up at 4:15am and exercised, showered, and then headed outside by 6:00am to water all the plants. Extreme heat and I are not good friends, so I wanted to take advantage of the cool weather this morning. I got everything watered while it was cool and shady. I am trying to watch the plants closely to make sure they do not stress in this heat. With almost everything in pots they are ultra-vulnerable to both heat and wind and can dry out in the blink of an eye. So far no casualties.
On the cross stitch front I've chosen "Briar Rabbit" as my next project - continuing my bunny theme for summer 2009. I must confess to having purchased on line a couple more bunny rabbit charts last night. This morning I went down with Lexa on her way to work to look at her three morning glories in the McBeth Garden. I think we stumbled across eight brush bunnies on the way down, and on my walk back I sighted at least eight again; as well as chipmunks and the two California Quail families. So you see this summer is all about bunnies - Lexa thinks we have so many that she refers to at as Plague!
Lexa's morning glory, Heavenly Blue was almost unearthly with its brilliant blue blossoms. It looked like a plant a four year old would create using the brightest Crayola in the box.
Now I'm off to iron the linen for "Briar Rabbit" and get it set up on the scroll I use to stitch.

No comments: