Thursday, November 16, 2023

Pine Siskins!

Design - "Turkey Sampler"
Chart - "Thanksgiving Trio"
Designer - Twisted Threads
Fabric - 28 count Light Mocha Cashel
Fibers - WDW - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 24 November 2014
Completed - 27 November 2014


Look who came by!

Pine Siskins that's who! 

A group of around 30 birds swarmed the feeders Tuesday morning.

At first glance they appear nondiscript.

But on closer examination they have bright yellow wing bars.

Are they moving through the area, or is this going to be a Pine Siskin Winter?
Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Pretty Turkey Sampler piece! Well, I hope the Pine Siskins remain. They are lovely birds.

wranglerkate said...

I'm so glad you posted this! I had a flock of these come by my feeders yesterday and I noticed the yellow wing bars. I had no idea what they were, but now I know. Thank you!