Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Four Out of Six

 

Design - "Pumpkin Pie"
Chart - "Rest & Be Thankful" #285
Designer - The Cricket Collection
Fabric - 30 count Carol's Buttercrunch WDW linen
Fibers - DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 10 November 2011
Completed - 22 November 2011

Did you eat pumpkin pie on Thursday?

I saw four out of the six possible woodpeckers on the same day.

A female Downy






Female Hairy Woodpecker.



A female Flicker




And the two male Acorn Woodpeckers


The youngster


The adult male


One of the things I love about Acorn Woodpeckers, is their refusal to back down from Starling aggression.

Enough is enough!

(I did not see a Red-breasted Sapsucker or a Pileated Woodpeckers - numbers 5 and 6 referenced by my blog title.)

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Darling stitch you featured, Beth! Lovely bird pictures! I think your pileated woodpecker was here visiting my backyard.

MaryO said...

GREAT bird photos Beth! Love the stitchy pumpkin!