Friday, March 11, 2022

Woody Returns


Design - "March"
Chart - "A Prairie Year"
Designer - The Prairie Schooler
Fabric - 28 count Lambswool linen
Fibers - DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 2 April 2016
Completed - 3 April 2016

s is usually the case, first I heard and then I saw a male Pileated Woodpecker hanging out with several Steller's Jays.
 
Fairly easy to ID as a male:

The red atop the head extends all the way in the front to the bill.

The bright red mustache.

Thus, it's a male.

Looking to the right. 

Straight ahead

And my favorite photo - those upright red feathers! 

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Love your PS Shamrock block! I really need to stitch this one. Great shots of the pileated woodpecker! Happy Friday, Beth!

Barb said...

I find those woodpeckers so amazing to see!