Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Some Special Visitors

Design - "Black-capped Chickadee"
Chart - "The Bird Collection - Part 3"
Designer - Heartstring Samplery
Fabric - 32 count Picture This Plus Wren linen
Fibers - GAST & WDW - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 3 September 2017
Completed - 13 September 2017 

Slowly, slowly I am seeing a few more evening Grosbeaks.

I've counted six guys and two gals - my largest group.

Here's a happy couple.

But this was the most exciting bird recently.

I heard it singing and chirping and chattering.  It sounds like no other bird.

It was a female Bullock's Oriole.

The bird was quite distant, so the zoom on my camera earned its keep.

I hope to see you again!

I also had a male Wilson's Warbler.

And this is a terrible photo, but I had to celebrate the probably only sighting I'll have of a Lazuli Bunting.

3 comments:

MaryO said...

Bird jackpot!

Robin in Virginia said...

What a fabulous assortment of birds you featured, Beth! Is the Lazuli Bunting not a common bird for you?

Barb said...

Lots of wonderful bids including the stitched one!