Monday, May 18, 2020

Another Week

I decided to bring "Chester" back into my stitching rotation.  I've completed the outlines of the inner and outer borders and started stitching the rug on the lower left.

It's been a quiet bird week so far.  I've heard Cedar Waxwings and briefly saw two, but no photos so far.  

This I think may be a new-fledged Lesser Goldfinch.
It was exhibiting that typical "kid" behavior - begging with mouth open and flapping it's wings with an adult male nearby.

Here it is with a female American Goldfinch as comparison - most noticeable is the different color of the beak and back.

I'm seeing lots of Song Sparrows and true to their name they've been singing their hearts out.

The Black-headed Grosbeak also has a lovely song.

And I can't ignore the flock of Band-tailed Pigeons. 

They come to the feeders several times each day.

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

So much beauty coming by your feeders!