Thursday, September 12, 2019

You Probably Cannot Tell

You probably cannot tell that I've worked on this a bit.  I frogged out the word 'March' and restitched it shifting it over to the correct place.  I also started a new bird - the brown blob on the bottom right.

As for birds - I'm seeing Red-breasted Nuthatches - but they flit too fast to capture - as have my recent sightings of a flycatcher, Western Tanager, and several Evening Grosbeaks flying overhead. 

A cute little Chestnut-backed Chickadee stayed put long enough for a couple of photos.

He's a bit rumpled looking as it had been raining hard.

I'm seeing nice groups of Black-capped and Chestnut-backed Chickadees.

I'm hopeful that this means they'll be regular winter residents.

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a pretty Chestnut-backed Chickadee! Love his rumpled appearance! Your bird stitch is coming along, Beth!

Meg said...

Is the Chestnut-backed Chickadee a young bird? He looks "fluffy." I'm learning from your blog and photos that the young birds have the ruffled-looking feathers and the mature birds' feathers look more sleek and smooth. I know nothing about birds, so I could very well be way off base.

Saw a wild turkey on our walk last night! Keep in mind we live in a very busy part of town, not far from the freeway, so it was quite a delight to see this bird hanging out in my neighbor's shrubbery. We passed a family who said they had seen four turkeys on their walk.

Barb said...

I just love those cute little chickadees!