Thursday, September 5, 2019

Late Summer Visitors

Design - "Coccinella" - Freebie
Designer - Alessandra Adelaide Needleworks
Fabric - 26 count white linen
Floss - DMC / Anchor
Started - 4 July 2010
Completed - 19 July 2010

I stitched this ladybug several years ago - she still pleases me. 

Finally!  I'm hearing and seeing a few Cedar Waxwings.

This was a small group of immature birds.

They do not have the stern faces that mature adult birds do.

In fact, they are rather scruffy looking.

And this was another pleasant surprise.  Three Evening Grosbeaks stopped by briefly - a male and two females.

I have lots of American Goldfinches.  Most are rather dull looking newly fledged birds.

That makes this bright guy all the more special!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

We have seen some baby American Goldfinches in our pine trees. We never see them at the bird feeders. We even bought special seed for them. Can you tell my why? I have see them at the water fountain. I'll check back here for a response. Thank you.

Robin in Virginia said...

Cute ladybug piece!