Friday, July 12, 2019

Working on a Birdhouse

I'm rather late constructing a birdhouse when most of the birds here have nested and raised their young.

The Bushtits have raised their babies and are now back at the feeders eating suet.

I saw a male Western Tanager for four days running and this was the best photo I was able to take.

Speaking of fledglings.  Look at this Violet-green Swallow puffball.

Notice how long and sleek the adult female is in comparison.

Here's another set of parent and child.

They are great fliers already - just need to grow into their feathers.

The Lesser Goldfinches are a source of amusement.

Poor Papa bird is overwhelmed with the demands of his two kids. 

Successful food transfer!

Lots of fluttering.

Feeding #1.

Feeding #2.

More!  more!  More!

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Birdhouse construction looks good, Beth! I have really been enjoying your photos of the parents and the fledglings. Thank you for sharing!

Meg said...

Incredible photos, Beth! And your birdhouse is coming along nicely.

Barb said...

Such fun bird families. I have a nest in my fushia! It will probably die of thirst. I can't hurt those little eggs. I believe they are juncos as the mother was in a nearby tree yelling at me!