Thursday, June 21, 2018

The "J" and All the Rest

Design - "Black and White Summer Sampler" (kit)
Designer - Heart in Hand
Fabric - 28 count linen
Fibers - WDW & GAST - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 11 June 2018
Completed - 19 June 2018

It took me 19 days to get a finish this month.  I like the monochromatic look of this little sampler. Did any of you notice in my earlier post when I boasted of stitching 26 letters, that I'd only stitched 25 and left off the "j"?  Oops - I caught that near the end of my stitching. 

Now on to the birds...
I think I only have three active Violet-green Swallow nests this year.  The first of the three has babies - I can hear them.

The Tree Swallows are also feeding babies from dawn to dusk.

The female American Goldfinches have spent the past couple of weeks gathering nesting material, only to drop it on the ground when they get to the feeders to eat.  It's still to early for them - they nest in mid-July.

The Lesser Goldfinches have nested and fledged.
The babies continue to beg as that's what newly mature birds do.

I'm not seeing many quail - at the most 3-5.  There are some single males and they have not given up hope - they continue to trumpet their many fine characteristics! 

I have a couple of Purple Finches and a couple of House Finches.  This is a male House Finch.

This is a newly fledged House Finch - she was making quite a ruckus!

And here's the first young American Robin I've seen this year.  

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations on your finish, Beth! What a wonderful variety of birds you featured today!

Barb said...

So many beautiful colorful birds!! We had a low tide this week and went to a beach that is famous for Eagles. We saw 25 Eagles . I think that calls for a post!

Vickie said...

What a different sampler! I love it! :)

Carol said...

I love the simplicity of this sampler, Beth! And your photos are wonderful--love the sheen on the head of the tree swallow :)