Sunday, June 3, 2018

May's Trail Camera Photos - Dorothy's Creek - Camera #2

I think we've finally tweaked our new trail camera down by the creek so that we are getting decent day and nighttime photos.

We began the month with a pair of young cougars.

I am convinced that these are the same two youngsters we saw with their mother back in September of 2017.  Take a look.

Deer in low-light daylight.  Good clarity.

And good dusk clarity at almost 9pm.

A nice series of a bob-cat strolling along.


Here's a close-up

You can see more if you click on the photo to enlarge it.

And down to cross the creek goes the cat.

Look it's a bear!

No, wait!  There are three bears!


Nope, there are four!

And once again I'm convinced that this is the sow with three cubs that we saw back in September. Here's a look back. Do you agree?


And down the path they go.

This is yet another bear.

I think he's the one who visited my backyard bird feeders.

And off he goes!

A couple of California Quail with a deer.

Wow!  We got photo-bombed by a Steller's Jay!

8 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What wonderful trail pictures you shared, Beth! I love the photo bombing Stellar's Jay; it made me chuckle.

Jeannine520 said...

Wow, fantastic pics!

blueladie said...

Love the photo bomb!!! What a great picture! :) Cathryn

MaryO said...

Wonderful! Love the Jay!
MaryO1230

Isabelle said...

Beautiful pictures ! The Jay's picture is stunning !

Barb said...

What a fascinating group of photos. All those bear! Wow! and a cougar. Did you her about the cougar attack up here? The first cougar death in almost 100 years.

Chris said...

Wow! Love the stellar jay shot!

Maggee said...

Well, this is my beginning point to catching up on reading blogs... And what a good one! I said 'wow' when I saw the FOUR bears... what a thing to be seeing on your property! Loved the Stellar Jay!! Hugs!