Saturday, December 9, 2017

This Week's Critters

It has dipped into the 20s several nights this week, making for cold, frosty mornings.

The critters have been few and far between, though a couple of chipmunks still show up daily.

I did see a Douglas Squirrel earlier in the week.

Yes, I'm talking about you!

A couple of deer continue to hang out too, but no bunnies as of late.

This is a tender Salvia called 'Limelight'.

It's an ultra-late bloomer - it started in late November.  I've been tucking it in up against the house at night, and so far it has continued to perform like crazy.  The hummers love it. 

We also have a winter-blooming clematis that is loaded with flowers.

I think it is called 'Wisley'.
Who says you can't have flowers in December?  

8 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Wow on the blooming salvia and clematis! Simply gorgeous! Glad to see the critters are still around. Enjoy your weekend, Beth!

Vickie said...

Oh I love your flowers Beth! :D I am watching the snow come down sideways right now.

Carol said...

I had no idea there was a winter blooming clematis! So pretty--and those little chippies are just adorable :)

RJ said...

20!!! Oh my Beth that is cold. Glad you are still getting some animals that visit. Love those plants...so pretty at this time of the year. RJ

Margaret said...

So nice to have flowers in December! I'm envious.

Loretta @ Stitching the Night Away said...

Great photos! Thanks for sharing :)

Barb said...

The critters are smart for for staying in protected places. The black ice has been a very big problem every morning here. Love blooms in Dec. Your vine is beautiful!! I'm anxiously awaiting for my new Yuletide Camellia to bloom!

Mary said...

I cannot get a summer clematis to grow, let alone a winter one! It's gorgeous!!!