Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Merry and Bright Santa

Once upon a time I used to stitch big designs!  
Make that big and bright designs. 

Design - "Merry and Bright Santa"
Designer - Sisters and Best Friends
Fabric - 28 count 18th Century R & R linen
Fibers -DMC
Started - 13 December 1998
Completed - 28 February 1999

Love the bright crayola crayon colors and the directive to "Be Merry...or else!" I think I need to get this one framed some day. 

I'm featuring some of my Little Birds today. 

Black-capped Chickadee

Pine Siskins

Fox Sparrow

Another one...

Brush Buddies
A Golden-crowned Sparrow and a Spotted Towhee.

5 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

The little birds are darling. I love your 'Be Merry or Else' Santa.

RJ said...

You find the cutest charts and birds too! RJ

Barb said...

Your photos of the birds sitting in the trees are beautiful!! I really think a calendar or note cards are a real possibility!!

Mary said...

Colorful Santa, you have been stitching a long time!

Maggee said...

That is certainly a colorful piece! I like it! I have been feeding the White-throated Sparrows in my back yard when it snows, which has been twice so far, and maybe two more times in the next week! Dark-eyed Juncos join them. Love seeing the variety of small birds you have!