Monday, November 13, 2017

First November Finish

Design - "Mr. Owl's Wintergreen Gala"
Designer - Artful Offerings
Fabric - 28 count Patina linen
Fibers -GAST - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 13 October 2017
Completed - 9 November 2017

Here's my owl!  I had lots of encouragement to keep plugging along on this owl.  I think with all bow-tie, the greenery and the red berries he looks rather festive.


If I counted correctly, I had over 50 Pine Siskins at the feeder the other day.
They gather in large groups to feed, and then fly away in a cloud of feathers like Starlings do. 

Here's a close up of one.

I call this photo "Grumpy Bird".  Doesn't the little Golden-crowned Sparrow look all bent out of shape?  The quail must be crowding him.

Over 40 quail the other day. 

A nice mix of females...

...and males.

7 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Well done on getting Sir Owl finished, Beth. He looks quite dapper.

Kristen said...

Mr Owl looks pretty jaunty. Congrats on the finish!

RJ said...

Your owl is quite wonderful Beth. Like Robin said he is very dapper. I need to see if I can find this pattern. I know someone that would love it. And I would love to make it for myself too. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Vickie said...

Mr. Owl is just adorable Beth.

Mary said...

LOL! I just read RJ's comment and I hope I'm the someone that she knows would love it!! I certainly would! I love this stitch, he is just so darn charming!! I'm going to encourage you to officially "finish" him!! All the quail photos are great. Mary

Maggee said...

Yes, your Owl stitch is very cute! The bowtie makes him festive for sure! I wish I had a flock of 50 birds (except grackle-types!)come to my feeders. I probably should have more of them out... but, no room! Thanks for sharing your birds too! Hugs!

A Colorful World said...

Great quail photos! And I love your owl!