Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Wednesday's Icy Walk

Brrrr!!!

Let's take a walk back in time to last Thursday's freezing rain.

The freezing rain began about 7:00am.

AS the day continued, everything was slowly encased in ice. 

Pine trees...

Douglas fir trees...

Shrubs...

Blackberry vines...

Hazel brush...

Our small maple tree...

Pine tree...close...

...closer...

...closest.

Shrubs...

A dreich day as Ann at Beadleworks might say!

Though very dangerous, it is also pretty.

Each and every needle coated.

Frosty icy trees.

Amazing detail.

Big Leaf Maple

Grasses.

Brrr!  Time for a cup of something hot!







8 comments:

Sarah Beth’s Stitching said...

Lovely photos. How have you been. I used to have the blog sarahbethscross-stitchblog and my email got hacked and I lost my blog :(

I have a new blog called http://stitchingwithjesus.blogspot.com/

I would love if you would subscribe again

Question...what would you say is the best blog reader and do you have android or iPhone I just got iPhone and I'm trying to find a reader I like. I am using Bloglovin ringt now. And what blog writer app do you use for your phone?

Vickie said...

What a beautiful post. Lots more snow headed our way!

Margaret said...

Beautiful! But I hate ice storms. They scare me.

Barb said...

Wow! You really got the weather. It is pretty but when you think about the dangers, not so good.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Brrrr. We flew to Florida on Tuesday -- was that good timing or what? Of course I'd heard about the ice storm from family (and read the RG on line as I always do) but these are the first pictures I've seen -- and they are beautiful. (Maybe I did miss something after all!) Except since I did a pretty good job of falling on Eugene's sidewalks even without ice, it is probably a good thing we weren't there.

Thanks for the look at Lane County -- our real home.

Maggee said...

What beautiful pictures you took to share the ice coverings with us! Pretty awesome! Hugs!

Carol said...

The ice gives even the most mundane things a magical look--great photos!

Beauty Bonnet said...

I love the photos. Lets me know that even if the temperatures are in the 90s here, in another part of the world it's much much cooler! Not to mention downright icier.