Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Our Garden Tour Continues

My stitching action plan is jumping all over the place.
I'm now working on a second Mosey 'n Me bunny!
I have totally changed the fibers and the fabric - so here's hoping it ends up working.

Yesterday I featured a few of the many many wonderful plants in the Salem garden I visited on Sunday.

Today I thought I'd feature all the wonderful Garden Art that makes the garden unique and, at times, adds a touch of whimsy.  

Just look at all the different styles of gates.

As a bird lover how could I not like this?

I think the Crow Gate was my favorite.

Animals and birds lurked everywhere.

The alligator skulked near the pond.

One of the owners is a amazingly versatile artist. She works in fibers, in glass, in metal, in tiles, and reclaimed objects.   

Here's a close-up of one of the birdhouses atop the gaily painted blocks.  

The Bremen Town Musicians are a reoccurring theme.

And let's not forget garden statuary.
A cup of tea anyone?

Besides the over-sized tea set, there were large leaves and vases.

The glass work is remarkable.
Whirligigs...

Signs, flowers, and windows.

The two large glass windows framed in brick for the borders of the vegetable garden.

Plants and objects alike are all outstanding.
A truly wonderful garden, don't you agree? 

9 comments:

LaNelle said...

Wow, looks like a great place to visit thanks for the tour! Good luck on the color change look forward to seeing the outcome....

Vickie said...

Yes, it is truly wonderful.

Barb said...

I do agree! The garden art is wonderful!! I'm sure your new design will work out. I'm still changing as I go on that antique sampler.

Margaret said...

Wow, what a garden! Love all the pieces they have -- fantastic!

cucki said...

Wow so beautiful ❤️

Chris said...

What a beautiful place!

Melody said...

So pretty!

Pam in IL said...

So many wonderful things to see! Thanks for sharing.

Maggee said...

I TOTALLY AGREE! What an excellent garden! wow! Wonder if we have anything like that around here! I'm going to be on the hunt now... :)