Friday, September 20, 2013

The Colors of Autumn

Yesterday was a perfect autumn day, so I decided to take a walk.

Look at all the colors - rose hips, hawthorn, and cherries... 

Hawthorn

Apples

Rose hips

Apples

Not quite sure what this tree is...
I'd originally thought cherry, but now I think it is something else...

Apples 

Rose hips

Blackberries

I cannot remember a time when we've had such an explosion of rose hips.
Last autumn I had to look high and low to find a rose hip.  This year they've blanketed the roadsides with color.  So lovely. 

7 comments:

cucki said...

Yummy :)
Love x

Mouse said...

we have lots of rose hips too this year but not seen as many blackberries though ... can't make my mine up about the unknown one ... may be sloe berries ??? love mouse xxxx

Chris said...

Beautiful fall colors.

Barb said...

Lovely photos! We are getting lots of rose hips too. Maybe it was the kind of summer we had.

Andrea said...

Beautiful, I love the colours of Autumn.
Question ... why didn't you say Fall? Are you still in UK mode? :)

Pam in IL said...

Our area has an abundant apple crop this year. Every tree is overloaded and the apples are really good too.

Looks like you have alot of apples as well.

Melanie said...

So nice. :)