Thursday, December 27, 2012

Finally a Finish and Outdoor Trees

Design - "Reindeer"
Chart - "Christmas Past" #51
Designer - The Prairie Schooler
Fabric - 32 count Black Zweigart linen
Fibers - DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 21 December 2012
Completed - 26 December 2012

The black linen was challenging, but I like the effect.  The reindeer appears to be floating across a dark moonlit night sky.

I continue with Christmas spirit until New Year's Eve.  That's my excuse for this post anyway.

I found a street that had not one, not two, but three outdoor trees decorated with ginormous Christmas ornaments. 

The first tree was a modest effort.

As was the second tree - I do like the big red light bulb ornament.

The third tree though...oh the third tree!

I would imagine these folks have been collecting out sized Christmas decorations for several years. 

Every color and shape and design - hung in profusion!

Very pretty even on a gray day.

I quite liked the result.

Such a statement.

12 comments:

Vickie said...

I love the reindeer on black!!!

Birdie said...

Beautiful trees. I thik I would leave them up all year. lol lol Yes I would be that crazy lady with Christmas tree's up all the time.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

How brave you are to stitch on black, it does look good though. I just love those giant ornaments, they look great on the outdoor trees - very different.

Cricket-bug Corner said...

Love your finish! Love those trees!! I have some big ornaments I put on my porch - can't wait for my tree to be big enough for ornaments!! We planted a maple 5 years ago and it is not big enough yet!

Giovanna said...

Very nice PS ornament, well done!

Melissa said...

I love your reindeer on black - just stunning!

Those ornaments - wow, they are gorgeous and fun. I would imagine they would have to be on quite securely with our occasional windy weather!

Margaret said...

Nice finish! And the ornament trees -- wow! Such fun! I really love how they look!

Astrids dragon said...

Yes, the reindeer look good on black!

The ornaments on the trees are amazing, I hope they're not breakable!

Pam in IL said...

Love the cute reindeer, especially on the black.

Those giant ornaments are really popular here. Seems that just about every other home has a tree decorated with them.

Chris said...

Lovely reindeer!
I love the ornament trees too :)

Carol said...

I love things stitched on black and your reindeer is just wonderful, Beth!

Such fun trees--have never seen anything like that around here! Not sure they would do real well with all the snow :)

Melanie said...

Love the reindeer. He's a cutie. :)

I love the ornaments! Something different than lights and yet just as wonderful and pretty.