Thursday, July 5, 2012

Waving and Walking

Design - "Long May She Wave" (kit)
Designer - Lizzie Kate
Fabric - 28 count Picture This Plus Relic Cashel
Fibers - DMC & GAST - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 30 June 2012
Completed - 2 July 2012

Yesterday most of us were too busy celebrating to walk. 
So let's take a walk today and look at the natural world in the month of July.

The wild honeysuckle is almost in bloom. 

I found that some Hazel nuts have set.  I know the Jays and squirrels will get at them long before I do.    

Lesson:  There is beauty even when the blossoms are spent!

I had to take more pictures of my little patch of Oregon Sunshine.

I wonder how many varieties of wild peas we have...a dozen?

This is the stage when I think the Western Hardhack or Douglas' Spiraea (Spiraea douglasii) is at its prettiest.

It's remarkable there are any cherries still on the trees - I'm finding the pits around all my bird baths. 

Oh the Columbia Lilies!  So pretty.

I like this combination of purple Hairy Vetch with the small yellow wildflower.

Across the road from our Big Field, there is a wonderful patch of Mule's Ears (Wyethia augustifolia) that are now in their prime.

They just shout out "July!  Hip, Hip, Hooray!"

Further proof that Mother Nature is a better gardener than any of us mortals! 

As this the time of year folks go to the beach, isn't it fitting that Ocean Spray (Holodiscus discolor) is in bloom?

I hope you've enjoyed today's walk. 

6 comments:

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Pretty finish! I love that one. Hope you had a great 4th!

Unknown said...

I did. Thanks.

Barb said...

Hi Beth, the pictures are so pretty. I do agree Mother Nature is the best gardener! We have lots of wild sweet peas blooming right now.

Pam in IL said...

Cute Lizzie Kate finish!

Thanks for another beautiful walk through the flowers!

Annette-California said...

Thank you for that lovely walk seeing your beautiful blooms. I enjoyed every step:) I do love your patriotic finish.
love Annette

Unknown said...

Thanks for the beautiful walk through the garden. They were refreshing to see. Seeing beautiful things just brighten your spirits. Thank YOU