Saturday, July 7, 2012

A Baby Update

Four of our birdhouses are occupied.

This house has three hungry baby Swallows.

The parents work from dawn to dusk catching insects to feed their young.

We still have some baby Evening Grosbeaks too.

I was surprised to see this one with its Mom.

Most of the time it seems its the Dad feeding the fledgling.

Exciting Critter News!
Friday morning at about 6:30am my father saw a black bear on our driveway by the Big Creek!  It dashed down our Secret Path and out of sight. 

7 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I feel like those poor Swallow parents...seems my four are always crying for food :)
Exciting about the black bear!!!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I do like your new header. I especially like the Cricket Collection designs, they seem to stand out. The baby birds are just lovely. That's really scary to actually see a black bear close by.

MoonBeam said...

Great job of bird watching.

Interesting news about the bear...should that be of concern with your cats, or a black bear would not bother them? Would be fun to see a bear...I think!

Bobbi

Barb said...

What cute birds!!! Our only bear siting was a huge claw print in the snow two winters ago when we had lots of snow. Our hunter neighbor said it weighed 300 pounds or more.

Bev C said...

Hello Beth,

Great photo's of the birds feeding. I don't like the idea of a bear in the garden.

Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Unknown said...

Great photos - and a bear, wow! Maybe sometime you will have a picture of him for us. Don't take any risks.

Siobhán said...

I love your pictures, especially the first one--so neat! Have a good Sunday!