Thursday, March 8, 2012

Clear Night Cold Morning

I spent much time yesterday thinking about stitching, and not all the much time actually stitching.  I appreciate all the encouragement I received for "Bright Winter." I set it aside though (for a day or two), and returned to A Needle and Fred's "Three Hearts".  One square done, two to go.

It was just 24F Wednesday morning and frosty too.

The dew condensed on the tips of the pine needles.

This small finch patiently waited in the brambles.

Desiccated Queen Anne's Lace sparkled with frost...

...as did the young Douglas Fir trees.

The Teasel became two-toned - white on brown.

The grass was heavy with frost and crunched satisfactorily under my feet.

I saw almost no small birds. 
This fellow, a Red-Tailed Hawk looking about for breakfast, was probably the reason why the birds lurked deep in the thickets or were otherwise invisible.  

What should you do on a cold, clear morning?
Find a patch on sunshine - and bask!

12 comments:

Denise said...

ohh, your heart is pretty! Love the hawk.

Deb said...

Three Hearts is turning out very cute!!

Sarah Beth said...

I love the hearts. I love anything with hearts in it. Beautiful.

Sarah Beth said...

I love the hearts. I love anything with hearts in it. Beautiful.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Sensible puss! I do like your heart project.

Linda said...

The 3 hearts is delightful! We had a falcon in our back yard yesterday and not a peep from any of the small birds...which are usually all over back there. All your pictures are very pretty...I love how the frost looks on the plants! We have been having wind, wind, wind here...and it's a cold wind!

Barb said...

You photos just prove that frost can be beautiful-even in March! Funny, I had a few of those "thinking" stitching days too.

Maggee said...

I DID wonder where the birds were yesterday and today I see my answer! Aha! Love the Teasel the best--great picture! Hugs!

Unknown said...

Really cool frost pix!

Veronica said...

I love how everything looks so pretty covered in frost. Lovely progress on Three Hearts.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Chris said...

Thinking about stitching is a good thing too, I always enjoy visiting my stash and dreaming of future projects!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Sometimes I think more about stitching than actually stitching, myself! Your heart progress looks great and your nature pics are always pretty!