Monday, November 28, 2011

The Rain Returns

Design - "Maggie Bean: Harvest" 
Designer - Shakespeare's Peddler
Fabric - 36 count Buttercream Lakeside linen
Fibers - Crescent Colors Belle Soie - 1 strand over 2 threads
Started - 27 November 2011
Completed - 27 November 2011 

What with a football game taking up much of Saturday, Sunday morning was devoted to sleeping...and chores.  So I didn't start stitching until Sunday afternoon when the rain returned.  I think it's very soothing to stitch and listen to the rain as it falls on the roof and gurgles into the downspout.

I did go outside for a bit in the morning.  I needed to water all my plants which now reside on the front porch and under the eaves.  I also refreshed all the birdbaths and topped off the feeders.

I had two bunnies waiting in the Brier Patch.
This small one...

...and this big, bad bunny!

Lately the Hairy Woodpecker are at the peanuts morning and evening - just females though - no males for whatever reason.  

We had some leftover rolls from Thanksgiving dinner - the Steller's Jays appreciated the handouts.

The deer will eat stale bread, but they turned up their noses at the rolls.

4 comments:

butterfly said...

Love harvest, and those beautiful wild animals.

Just stared raining here now.

Siobhán said...

Oh my gosh, that turned out so cute!! Great job!

The rain--yeah--never stops here! ;)

Carol said...

Oh, that is so cute, Beth--have never seen that one before. I love stitching during the rain, too--makes me feel less guilty about sitting down and not doing something around the house :)

Nicola said...

I so enjoy following your posts and look forward to seeing your photos.