Saturday, November 20, 2010

With Humble Gratitude and a Tired Body

Design - "Humble Gratitude"
Designer - 4 My Boys
Fabric - 32 count Flax linen 
Fibers - WDW - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 13 November 2010
Completed - 20 November 2010

I'm pleased with this finish.  I think I will display on the mantel through the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.

I do have a Thankful Heart - just like the pumpkin!

I think this makes for a nice harvesty display.

The "Tired Body" part of this posting's title refers to all the pick-up / clean-up work I accomplished Friday morning.  It takes a WEATHER EVENT to get me motivated! I've mentioned our weather is to get colder soon, with temperatures in the mid-20's by early next week. 

Chip is storing sunflower seeds for the winter

That meant that I could not delay any longer.  So I spent from 9:00am-1:00pm yesterday putting the back patio to rights. The morning started out cold - but bright and clear.  It quickly deteriorated and became grey and windy - and still cold with stinging rain-showers - nice!

A Steller's Jay watched whilst I toiled!

I picked up all the plants in pots after determining whether or not they were cold-hardy.  I felt so guilty trimming the salvias whilst an Anna's Hummingbird darted around.  

Chip is too darned cute! 

But the first frost will kill all the blooms, and the plants stand a much better chance of surviving the winter if they are cut back - sorry hummingbirds!  The entire project took about twice as long as I'd thought it would.  But then all my projects are like that - I'm great at under-estimating both the time and the effort involved - thus: one tired body!

Papa Quail also observed my efforts - can you see him on the curve of the blackberry cane?

My plan for this weekend is to attack the plants on the front porch. I know I will feel so much better once I have Summer finally put to bed.  
  

No comments: