Tuesday, June 8, 2010

How I Spent My Sunday - Part Two


After a great time at Xera Plants, our bus travelled to scenic Sauvie Island and Cistus Nursery.  They are famous for their Mediterranean and hardy tropical plants.


This lichen-covered bench was emblematic of our grey, rainy day.  


Every nursery needs a "shop" animal or two!


Cistus has amazing agaves and aloes.


Sauvie Island is a remarkable gem for the state of Oregon.  Though I was born in Oregon, I'd never been to Sauvie Island.  That was a huge over-sight!  I'm going to blog about the history of the island on my Waxing and Waning Blog if you'd like to read more about it.


Last night I ran into Joanne's fabric to get a couple of DMC colors I needed.  This is what reached out and bit me!  A blue tomato, and some pins and needles.  

No comments: