Thursday, July 11, 2024

Getting Ready to Fledge

Design - "Pop" (freebie)
Designer - Lizzie Kate
Fabric - 32 count unknown red linen
Fibers - DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 5 July 2014
Completed - 5 July 2014


Hello from up high.

The crow family nested and successfully raised a baby.
The baby has fledged, and as is often with corvids, does not yet fly.
It's hanging around on the ground. The parents are close by. I'll try to get a photo.

The last Violet-green Swallow family is close to fledging.

Wednesday evening I watched as the adult birds swooped and soared close in encouraging the young ones to take wing.

I will de interested to see if by the time I'm out and about Thursday morning what the status might be.

The whole nesting process is so fast and fleeting.

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Sweet stitch! I did not know that about baby crows.