Saturday, January 13, 2024

Saturday's Weather

 

So, there's a huge winter storm impacting a great deal of North America - both Canada and the US.   

The southern Willamette Valley drew the short straw - FREEZING RAIN.

It began early Saturday morning and is supposed to last until 10pm.

But the temperatures will be well below freezing, so this will linger through 
Monday and maybe Tuesday we'll get another round. 

Ugh!

I did top off all my feeder yesterday, but you can see that some are empty.

And the fountains...

I'm going to turn them off, to save the motors, even though the birds are using them.

It does look pretty.

Very sculptural.

yes?

So far the load has been light.

Other parts of the state have extremely high winds, snow, downed trees and power lines.

We have ice.

Crusty freezing rain.

I only saw one set of deer briefly today.

We are hunkered down - staying safe.
I hope you are too.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Ice looks so pretty, but is so dangerous. Stay warm! I hope you don't lose your power.

Pam C said...

Being from FL, I have a hard time imagining what the animals do in icy weather. For example: where do the deer go to keep warm? Do they bed down together on the ground? What do the birds do? I know I could Google this, but think you may answer even better than Google! ;). One more question: A friend and I were trying to decide how Willamette is pronounced, and since you live there I’m hoping you could shed some light on that as well. Is it pronounced Will-AH-mette, or WillaMETTE? I love all of your photos and commentary!