Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Little Hawk

Design - "Humble Gratitude"
Designer - 4 My Boys
Fabric - 32 count Flax linen 
Fibers - WDW - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 13 November 2010
Completed - 20 November 2010

I'm pleased with this finish.  I think I will display on the mantel through the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.

I do have a Thankful Heart - just like the pumpkin!

I think this makes for a nice harvesty display. 


Some times of the day there is little to no bird activity.

Often it is because of a hawk close in.

This is a little Sharp-shinned Hawk.

They are pretty birds and amazing fliers. 

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

I love the featured stitch piece. I have stitched it a number of times for varous exchanges and a friend stitched one for me. I keep it in my curio all year. What a beautiful hawk!

Joni said...

Great pic of the Sharp-shinned Hawk. My dad and I placed 1 very tall and 2 lower hawk poles on the back field adjacent to 2 neighbor's ponds. This is a fun bird to watch (as long as they are not too close to the house and feeders).
Love the stitched piece finish.