Thursday, June 8, 2023

Sing Out Thursday

 

Design - "Bee Skep"
Chart - "Budding Littles"
Designer - Hollis Designs
Fabric - 32 count Sandstone linen
Fibers - WDW - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 10 June 2012
Completed - 10 June 2012

A sweet little bee skep!


The singing continues!

Dark-eyed Junco (Oregon subspecies)  

A Bewick's Wren

Singing and singing

And Singing and Singing!

A male Black-headed Grosbeak

Also singing up a storm.

I've had a lot of fun this spring using Cornell University's birding app - Merlin.
The app is free and assists in IDing birds by sight, with photos, and with sound.
I've been using the sound to help me ID birds and figure out my Dawn Chorus:
Black-throated Gray Warblers, Black-headed Grosbeaks, Robins, Black-capped Chickadees, Steller's Jays, and Western Tanagers.  The sound ID can easily misidentify, so use good judgement before deciding you have a "Rare Bird".  It has helped me tremendously in recognizing some of my summer common singers, and some more obscure birds like a Cassin's Vireo. I encourage you to give it a try.

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Sweet bee piece, Beth! What a good assortment of birds you shared!