Monday, January 24, 2022

Rare for Me Bird Sighting

Design - "Tis the Season"
Chart - "Tiny Tidings XI"
Designer - Lizzie Kate
Fabric - 32 count Light Mocha Linen
Fibers - WDW - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 18 January 2016
Completed - 29 January 2016

The last few winters I've bee lucky enough to get one decent look at a Townsend's Warbler.
There are two fairly common winter Warblers in the Willamette Valley - the Yellow-rumped Warbler and the Townsend's Warbler.  They tend to stay near the valley floor, and I am at 700 feet, while the valley floor is around 400 feet.  

The Townsend's Warbler is a very colorful bird, so these rare glimpses are pretty exciting! 

Much more common for me are the Red-breast Nuthatches.

Gotta' love an upside-down bird!

Bright-eyed too!

This is a classic nuthatch pose.

And that's one of the many reason I have a peanut feeder.

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Cute snowman stitch! Love the bird shots!

Barb said...

That is a beautiful yellow bird!

Lisa B. said...

WOW - those birds are gorgeous. Actually, I love all your bird photos - and the deer - and all the critters. You take some of the most beautiful pictures too. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous nature photos with us.

Sarah Beth’s Stitching said...

Beth I still like ve your blog after all these years. I used to have the blog Sarah Beth’s cross stitch blog until it got hacked. Now it is Sarah Beth’s Stitching. I have a Flosstube under Thant name as well. My last one I got to interview Karen Kluba from Rosewood Manor. I always enjoys watching your banners change each month and your beautiful wild life photos