Friday, December 4, 2020

How Did I have So Much Time to Cross Stitch Back in the Day?

Design - "Wee Santa 1997"
Designer - Heart in Hand
Fabric - 30 count R & R Holly linen
Fibers - GAST & Anchor
Started - 4 October 1997
Completed - 9 October 1997
I am proud of the bead-work on this one - I usually stay far, far away from any design that requires beading.

How did I used to have so much time to cross stitch back when I was working fulltime? Now I work part time and I go for days and weeks without stitching...I keep buying new charts and linen and floss though! 

 

I've seen two Cooper's Hawks and one Sharp-shinned Hawk.  They've been by most mornings so have impacted the activity at the feeders.  

I did find some Juncos lurking in the brush.

They are often just called Winter Birds as that's when most people see them.

I have them all year, but many more in the winter.

Here's a Red-eyed, rufous-sided Wombat!

Nope, I was wrong. It's a Spotted Towhee!

A Steller's Jay

Squawking away as jays are wont to do.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Awesome photos, Beth! Your Santa is darling.

Barb said...

That Santa is really cute. The placement of everything must have been tricky!