Friday, November 27, 2020

Lots and Lots of Little Birds

Design - "Thankful"
Chart - "Twice Blessed"
Designer - Hands to Work
Fabric - 32 count Jack's Rum linen
Fibers - GAST & WDW - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 28 November 2017
Completed - 3 December 2017

 

What's that? 

Look at all those little birds. 

I had a large group of Pine Siskins fly in on Saturday 11/21/20.

I think there were upwards of 75 birds...

...or even more.

They are easy to ID with their sharp pointed bills and bright yellow wing-bars.

So far these larges groups fly in and then fly off again. And I do not see Siskins for several days.  I'm hoping that a few will decide to stay in the area.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What fun to watch them!

Barb said...

While you are seeing nice little birds, I have seen two ravens recently. I can tell they are ravens not crows because they are huge. A ranger in the Olympic National Park told me that was the only way to tell them apart. Do you know of any other way?