Friday, July 19, 2019

Welcome Visitors


Design - "Red-wing Blackbird"
Chart - "The Bird Collection - Part II"
Designer - Heartstring Samplery
Fabric - 32 count PTP Wren linen
Fibers- GAST - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 22 May 2018
Completed - 1 August 2018

I finished this stitch about a year ago and guess who came by?

A rare visitor for me - a Red-wing Blackbird.

They tend to hang out in marshy areas - areas with sloughs and pond.

So for me it is a pleasant surprise to have one come by for a visit Saturday morning.

Can't forget my 'regulars'.  This photo is a great way to compare the smaller male Lesser Goldfinch with a male America Goldfinch.

Quail babies - they are everywhere!

Most Welcome Visitor Wednesday morning was a female Bullock's Oriole.

I heard her - found her in a treetop. 

Then tracked her as she flew in closer.

I cleaned and refilled my Oriole feeder yesterday - but she did not partake.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Beth, your Red-Wing Blackbird stitch is lovely. What a treat to see one in person! Love your yellow birds!

Mary said...

Beautiful finish. Thank you for sharing pictures of the birds; it was really lovely to see.