Monday, February 11, 2013

Blame it on Nemo


This weekend's non-stop coverage of the New England snowstorm "Nemo" provided my justification for starting yet another snowman.  I'm stitching the one with the blue hat.

Look at the blue blue sky! 
I think somehow they are especially lovely in January and February as they are special gifts.
And look who returned to enjoy the lovely day.  It's the Black Phoebe.

The Phoebe appears to be enamored of the ridge-line of the roof.

He sings a merry tune which is how I am made aware he is nearby.
Come on buddy - please show up for one day during the Great Backyard Bird Count!  Can you fit it in your datebook? 

11 comments:

Margaret said...

lol! I'll blame anything you want on Nemo. It deserves it! lol! Pretty colors! Yay for the Phoebe!

cucki said...

Yayyyyyyy for the phoebe..
Sweet stitching start..
Hugs x

The Inspired Stitcher said...

I can't wait to see this one. It sure looks cute in the picture.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I hope he returns on the days you are doing the bird count. The blue of the sky is beautiful, so crisp looking.

Carol said...

That is one cute snowman, Beth--although he'd probably be more at home on the east coast right now :) We escaped with no snow from Nemo--just a bit too far west!

The Phoebe is such a pretty little bird against that gorgeous sky--sure hope he returns for your bird count.

Pam in IL said...

Seeing how it's still February, I don't think you need an excuse to stitch another snowman, lol. It's a cute one too.

I'm missing the blue sky here too. I saw an article in the newspaper over the weekend that two large flocks of robins had been spotted in a neighboring town. It would be nice if some stopped by my yard for the backyard bird count!

Melissa said...

Oh I've never seen this bird before! He's cute; looks cuddly like a toy don't you think?

Cricket-bug Corner said...

nice project! Love the bird pictures!!

Barb said...

What a lovely little bird!I do love the blue sky. I agree, a blue sky this time of year seems like a gift!

Mouse said...

ohhh the wee snow man is cute and love the colour of the sky and the little bird ... paws crossed he turn's up on the day :) love mouse xxxx

Chris said...

I love this current project.