Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Fledglings - Towhees

Design - "Keeper of the Bees"
Designer - Ewe & Eye & Friends
Fabric - 32 count Belfast Dirty Linen
Fibers - Anchor & Threadgatherer
Started - 24 April 2005
Completed - 7 August 2005
Framed - July 2010

I thought the simplicity / complexity of the border was most clever.  I liked it so much, that when it came time to have the piece framed, I decided it did not need a mat to provide separation - the border did that just fine.  

This piece tested me a bit - Threadgatherer Silks were used to create the four spiderweb rosettes - some turned out better than others. I came to the conclusion that it looked like nature - each flower a bit different than the others.  Lastly, I was most pleased with the frame.  I felt that the running floral pattern echoed the rambling flowers in the stitch.


It's Fledgling Time!

An adult Towhee and a fledgling.


As you can see, the fledgling does not begin to have the bright colors of the adult.

The adult might be a bit stressed - yes?

This is a nice photo for compare and contrast between the juvenile and the adult.

Some folks think they have 'new birds' this time of year, but generally they have nondescript juveniles.

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

The fledgling is a cutie. Sweet stitch you shared!