Friday, March 3, 2023

Smaller Woodpeckers

Easter Rabbits - Design by Alexandrina

Design - "Easter Rabbits"
Designer - Alexandrina
Fabric - 25 count cream Belfast
Fibers - Crescent Colours 
Started - 4 April 2010
Completed - 4 April 2010
  The chart is a freebie from Alexandrina.  I went out on a limb and chose the fabric and fibers. From left to right I stitched the bunnies with: Chocolate Cream Pie, Bunny Hunny, and Wisconsin Woods.


I haven't seen a Downy Woodpecker for a couple of weeks now.

So here's a female!

Yeay!

I like this look.

She has at the feeder for quite a while. 

I also had a larger female Hairy Woodpecker.

Normally I'm not aware of the yellow tail feathers.

Here she is splayed and you can still see the yellow under-feathers.

In typical woodpecker fashion, her legs are near her shoulders and her tail feathers are supporting much of her weight. 

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Love the bunny stitch, Beth! Great shots of the smaller woodpeckers! We have been seeing a random Downy Woodpecker around lately. Happy Friday!