Thursday, May 26, 2022

Banana Bird

Design - "Western Tanager"
Chart - "The Bird Collection - Part II"
Designer - Heartstring Samplery
Fabric - 30 count Picture This Plus Wren linen
Fibers - GAST - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 9 September 2016
Completed - 17 September 2016

Framed - October 2017

I got to see another Western Tanager!

A more knowledgeable birder suggested that this was either a young male or an old female because of the trace of red on the face.

And it was bright, bright yellow.

Thus my nickname - Banana Bird.

I had to take the photos through a window so they are not a clear as I might like, but I did not want to open a door and take a chance on startling the bird.



What a gift to be able to watch and enjoy this lovely summer migrant.

2 comments:

MaryO said...

What a beauty!

Robin in Virginia said...

Beautiful bird stitch and beautiful bird!