Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Wednesday's Walk

Time for a First of the Year Walk. 

Bark of a young Douglas fir tree.

A 2nd growth Douglas fir.  I think a Pileated Woodpecker has been busy once again. 

Early signs of spring.  Some things are already in bod.

Deer path down a step bank.

The Big Creek rushing along.

Dogwood

The Big Creek

An Oak tree reaching up to the sky.

Cow's Parsnip - new growth - now it will sit and wait for warmer temperatures.

Natural sculpure

And one cheerful spot of color at year's end!

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What beautiful spots of color along your walk, Beth!

Pam C said...

I’ve only been reading your blog for a few months. I started following for the cross stitching, but I’m not sure what I like better, your cross stitch photos or the bird photos. Some of them are ah MAZing! Those hummingbirds faces! I’m in Florida, but sure wish I could tromp around in those woods with you. Thank you so much for sharing your corner of the world! Also, may I ask what a 2nd growth tree is?