Friday, January 26, 2018

Almost Instant Gratification


This Lizzie Kate chart and Heart and Hand kit have been calling my name.  So earlier this week I emailed Friendship Crossing in Corvallis and on Thursday they arrived with a gift of a Sweetheart Tree chart. Thanks Ann! I think that the snowmen will be my next stitch.

It's nice to have two kinds of cheerful chickadees.
Black-capped Chickadee

Chestnut-backed Chickadee

And I've two kinds of jays including this California Scrub Jay.

Can you see my warbler?

Here he is! Mr. Reliable.

The Red-breasted Nuthatches have been pretty reliable too.

They are crazy for peanuts.

The other afternoon I walked over to top off this feeder...

...and the bird did not fly away.

So I put a few peanuts in the palm of my hand...

...and the bird flew to my hand, grabbed a peanut, and flew off!
That was pretty exciting!

7 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What fun charts to stitch to receive in the mail!

Mary said...

Oh Beth, what a thrill to have the bird eat from your hand!! Sweet charts!

RJ said...

Your new charts look wonderful Beth. And how nice to receive a chart as a gift too. I think it is really cool that the bird ate right from your hand. We are going to call you the "Bird Whisperer" RJ

Frances said...

Love the charts! I’ve noticed the Heart in Hand one and love the colors on it! That will be a fun stitch.
I’m jealous of the bird feeding experience! How fun! I have not had any eat from me, but my cardinals don’t fly away as quickly as the other birds. Sometimes they’ll just sit and watch me-so sweet.

Vickie said...

All three of those charts are sweet. Your gift chart is one I have never seen.
How exciting to have that nuthatch eat right out of your hand!

Sally A said...

Yesterday I visited Friendship crossing for the first time and I love it,Plus had lunch at the bakery next door. Thanks to your blog I found a new shop.

Maggee said...

OH wow--how absolutely cool that the Nuthatch ate from your hand!! I have seen that with Lesley the Bird Nerd. You are the new upcoming talent for that skill now! Nice stash haul... I like the LK Winter one the most... it's been catching my eye lately! Hugs!