Monday, June 5, 2017

Bee Start Bird Fledge

Since this month's header is all about bees, I thought I'd kit this up as my first June stitching project. 

In the birding world, several species have already nested and the babies have fledged.  This is a young Oregon Junco.

She chattered non-stopped, wings fluttering, begging to be fed.

It worked!  The adult fed her... 

...again...

...and again!

I was more  than a little surprised to see a newly fledged Evening Grosbeak in early June.  This is something I normally do not see until mid to late July.

But this is fledgling behavior - wings flapping - begging.

...and getting fed.

3 comments:

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

I love the feeling of kitting up a new project. Will you be stitching the bee we see in the picture? --Andrea

Barb said...

Those little birds are just like little children, they have the adults wrapped around their little beaks!!!!

Maggee said...

Awww... cuteness alert! :)