Thursday, March 16, 2017

Violet Flowers and Birds

Design - "February's Violet"
Chart - "Love is in the Air"
Designer - Blackbird Designs
Fabric - 28 count Amber linen
Fibers - GAST & Crescent Colours - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 18 March 2014
Completed - 27 March 2014 

I saw some white violets on Tuesday, but did not have my camera.

Not only the flowers are violet this time of year...

The birds are too! Do you see the patch of violet on the rump that gives this swallow the name Violet-green Swallow?

In the right light, the Starling has a patch of violet feathers along its throat.



I think I have lots more Black-capped Chickadees this winter than I've had in the past.


They impatiently wait for me to fill up the feeders.

Then swoop in one at a time for a sunflower seed or a peanut.

And let's not forget the smaller Chestnut-backed Chickadees!


I was pleased to see a Red-breasted Nuthatch at a peanut feeder. They like the cover of trees and don't often come to my feeders.


The Juncos are feeder regulars.


Not a very good photo, which is why I'm having trouble trying to decide if this is a Fox Sparrow or more interestingly, a Thrush.

2 comments:

Barb said...

The violet stitched piece is lovely. I think we are going to have to wait a bit to see violets. But we still have loads of chickadees!!

Carol said...

I do love that violet stitching, Beth! And your bird photos--all so special, as usual :)