Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Birds to Stitch Birds to Watch

I have been watching with interest as Nashville Market sneak previews are posted.  I've found lots of wonderful eye candy and m Wish List is growing.  Today I stumbled on Heartstring Samplery's preview.  Could the "Bird Collection - Part One" be any more perfect for me?

We are in the midst of several mild dry days.

I think the birds are enjoying the weather.

I had to share a series of Steller's Jay photos.
These birds have more than their fair share of 'character'.

Looking smug.

Puffed up with beak held high. 

Classic pose.

On high alert.

Highly curious!

7 comments:

Margaret said...

I thought of you immediately when I saw that bird series by Beth Twist! Love the Stellar's Jay photos -- fantastic! I especially enjoy them since we don't have them around here.

Anna van Schurman said...

The bird collection is perfect for you! I'm glad you pointed it out though because we get goldfinches in the fall, and I've never been very successful at photographing them. This will make a nice remembrance.

Barb said...

I think those designs will be right up your alley. Wonderful pictures of the Jay.

Christine said...

Those bird designs are perfect for you!
That jay is a handsome chap

Vickie said...

Yes, I thought of you immediately when I viewed Beth's designs.
I love that robin singing in the sunshine.

Maggee said...

It's confirmed! To other bloggers, you are THE Bird Lady! I might look into those bird charts too! Love the Stellar Jay shots, especially 'looking smug' !

Frances said...

Those stellar jays are stunning! The color is just beautiful!
We have plain old blue jays in MS, but they are beautiful also!
I looked up those bird charts--they really are lovely!