Sunday, November 15, 2015

Hummmmmming

I do have a female Anna's Hummingbird or two.

I just have not seen the birds very often lately.

One did deign to pose quietly for me.

Much appreciated!

There's nothing quiet about the male Anna's Hummingbird.

He clicks and chatters and hums and ruffles his eathres. 

A desiccated blackberry vine makes for a perfect perch. 

As you can see, it was raining, and he was not happy about it.

Poor guy even got raindrops on his bill.

Not good hummingbird weather for sure.

Cheer up! Tomorrow is supposed to be a nice day.

4 comments:

Wanda said...

Beth, sometimes the expressions on the birds are just priceless! The Anna hummingbird definitely was not impressed with the rain!
Love you and your sister's rain boots!
Pansies just make me smile.

Barb said...

I just love your hummingbird pictures! We got almost 2 inches of rain on Sat. alone. More is coming tomorrow!

Margaret said...

I've never heard hummingbirds make noises before. That must be so cool to hear! Love these pics -- so good!

Frances said...

Beautiful hummingbird photos!