Thursday, January 29, 2015

Snow Friends Finish

Design - Six Fat Men - "Snow Friends"
Designer - Lizzie Kate
Fabric - WDW & Crescent Colors -28 count Amber linen
Fibers - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 11 January 2015
Completed - 25 January 2015

The bunny should have a white snowflake tail - I've misplaced the button.
Otherwise, I am pretty pleased with this stitch!

Robins are truly my Early Birds. They are in the lawn or in trees nearby as night is still thinking about becoming day.

The Black-capped Chickadees are so polite. They take turns at the feeder.  I've seen as many as six birds waiting their turn.

The Oregon Juncos on the other hand, do not wait in line.

They slug it out with one another.

My California Quail covey holds steady at seven members.

I counted 24 Pine Siskins on Wednesday.

I filled the nyger thistle feeder and bought a bag of hulled sunflower seeds as well as cylinder of of seeds, so they should be happy for a while.

10 comments:

Justine said...

Gorgeous finish! We have snow here today but not enough for snowmen.

Melody said...

Your snowman finish is wonderful. He is really cute! Beautiful bird photos again.

Debbie said...

Beautiful finish on the snowman!

Carol said...

Your latest snowman is so cute, Beth--and what a lovely blue sky you have. We rarely get those, but did have a beauty yesterday :)

Maggee said...

Another cute snowman finish! That 'new' bird, the yellow rumped warbler, is pretty aggressive. Two times at least she has gotten into a fight with a chickadee... unfortunately, my camera batteries died again and are charging. Wonder if they outlived their usefulness? Anyway, it has been quite a sight to see! Hugs!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Lovely snowman finish, we've got the snow but not enough to build one thankfully.

Barb said...

What a cute snowman. My polite little chickadees so the same thing.

Margaret said...

Cute snowman! I think the bunny looks fine without a cotton tail. :D The juncos look particularly fat....

Marie said...

I'm back to view more of your beautiful photographs…and your lovely stitching!
Congrats on the snowman finish, love the design. I do hope you locate that button. :-)

Melanie said...

Super cute snowman! The bunny on the bottom of it is stealing my heart.