Saturday, July 12, 2014

Hummingbird Saturday

Parvati says, "I was minding my own business - inside mind you ..." 

"...when this hummingbird appeared at the kitchen window and I about leaped out of my skin in excitement!"  

Anna female

Anna female

Rufous female

"I've a bit of pollen on my beak. I think I might sneeze!"  

"Or can I even sneeze?"

"Well, I can ruffle my wings!"

Very close!

When the sunlight glints on the feathers.

High alert

Battle Stations

After several very warm days, Friday was a pleasant 77f.

And the day ended with a lovely sunset.

One year ago today Mom and I took a tour of Glasgow, Scotland.

9 comments:

Vickie said...

=) Great way to start the day. And end it beautifully!

cucki said...

:)
So beautiful..happy day hugs x

Margaret said...

Love hummingbirds! Mia would go crazy if she got that close to one outside the window. lol!

Wanda said...

What great shots! There is nothing better than the nature channel. What a beautiful sunset Beth.

Honeybee said...

Gorgeous hummer pics!

Barb said...

The heat has found it's way up here! Wonderful Hummingbird photos. Our feeder is visited only occasionally. I do miss the little guys!

Pam in IL said...

Beautiful hummers! We've had very pleasant weather this past week and it's supposed to only be in the 70's next week. Very unusual for July, which is usually hot and humid.

Annette-California said...

Beautiful hummingbirds. LOVE the sunset:) love Annette

Maggee said...

Great pictures of the hummers!