Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Blog Header and and Mystery...

July 2013 Blog Header

Here are the details - 6 vertical rows

Row #1: Heart in Hand, "Liberty"; Heart in Hand, "Star Spangled Summer"

Row #2: Lizzie Kate, "Land That I Love"

Row #3: Bent Creek, "Happy Independence Day"; Heart in Hand, "Olde Glory"

Row #4: Lizzie Kate, "Let Freedom Ring"; Lizzie Kate, "Pop"; Heart in Hand, "Flag Roundabout;, Lizzie Kate, "My Country" 

Row #5 The Trilogy, "Happy Flag Flag Day"; Lizzie Kate, "Long May She Wave"

Row #6: Lizzie Kate, "4th of July"; Lizzie Kate, "Summer ABCs"

And here is a recap from a Thames River walk several days ago.

Lots of street front gardening...

The history of eastern London is apparent by the names of streets and buildings. 

The light in the evening was glorious.

We are up in Carlisle and I'm without a laptop, so no new photos for today.
Okay here are the clues for the mystery adventure:

Tomorrow we begin the day in Carlisle...
We take a 'hop on and off bus' all day and end up in Newcastle...
Any ideas what we might be doing?





14 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I really like your new blog header, it is very effective. I would guess that you are doing a Hadrian's Wall walk. If that's the case I hope the weather is kind to you and your mum.

Margaret said...

Lovely header! Love seeing all the pics too. I'm not good at mysteries. lol! But I will enjoy seeing what you are up to!

Parsley said...

Oh what a fun picture combo of stitches!

cucki said...

aww sweet stitches..very cute header.
big hugs for you x

Karen said...

I think you're going to Hadrian's Wall. Whatever it is, have fun!

Karen said...

I should have said, wherever you go, have fun!

Giovanna said...

I thought Hadrian's Wall too.

Anna van Schurman said...

Hadrian's Wall, I see I'm not the only one with the idea. I did get a promise from my MIL that we will do that next time I am up in Durham. Provided the weather is fit for it.

Pam in IL said...

Love all the pics. I haven't been able to comment lately, but I'm enjoying all your posts. Such an adventure you're on!

Barb said...

I love the new header!! Thanks for the street views but no idea concerning the new mystery!

Annette-California said...

Beautiful new header. No I don't know where you are headed to! But I know it will be great:) love Annette

hazel c UK said...

Like your new header and the photos of London.

I don't know where you are going for I never been to that part of the UK but have an exciting time as usual. Look forward to hearing all about it.

Hugs
Hazel

MANUELA ALBANESE said...

Beatiful header ;)
Manuela

Chris said...

You know that I look forward to your new headers every month. Love this one. What will August be?
Thanks for taking me on another fabulous walk.