Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Chocolates and Flowers

Design - "Love Grows"
Designer - Stone and Thread
Fabric - 30 count WDW Onyx linen
Fibers - WDW & GAST - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 10 February 2013
Completed - 10 February 2013

Valentine's Day is almost here.  I think we should take a walk around Market of Choice and see what they have going on.

 Chocolates...

...and flowers.
What more do you need, really?

The problem challenge would be in choosing.

So many scrumptious things.

Including sweet primroses.

Take a chance - kiss a frog!

Amazing cakes...

Pretty flowers...

Chocolate dipped strawberries...

Cupcakes...

Daffodils...

Cookies...

Tulips.  
In 2004 I was in London on Valentine's Day.  This display reminds me of the floral display in front of Liberty's.

Here's one side of the Liberty's floral display.

And here's the other side.
Amazing!

8 comments:

cucki said...

Super sweet post..
Big hugs x

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Oh I simply love Valentine's Day! I agree, it would be hard to choose between chocolates or flowers. I think both would be good and one of those frog cupcakes too!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I like the look of the strawberry topped cake - so many sweet things. The flower displays are so colourful.

Unknown said...

I'd take the chocolate dipped strawberries. Two food groups in one go!

Margaret said...

Oh my gosh, I'm gaining weight just thinking of those cakes! lol! Thanks for the Valentine treat! Love the stitchery too!

Pam in IL said...

Can I have one of each? Lovely walk through Market of Choice. That place must smell amazing!

I really like the Love Grows design too.

Barb said...

I love your project . I have never stitched on such a dark linen. I'm thinking it is good that I don't live near that market- too many yummy things!

Melanie said...

FROG CUPCAKE, all the way! :)