Thursday, August 23, 2012

Mornings

Back on May 25th I posted that I was going to start on "Rooster with a Quilted Tail" by Meme's Quilts. Well, I didn't! I got distracted and stitched several other things instead.  So I've used my August Hodgepodge as a reason to get the pattern back out and get it stitched. I was duly punished for my procrastination. The Frog visited and I had to redo one of the colors in the border.
Design - "Roster with a Quilted Tail"
Chart - "Roxie and Rooster"
Designer - Meme's Quilts
Fabric - 32 count R & R 18th Century Brown linen
Fibers - DMC- 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 18 August 2012
Completed - 20 August 2012

Though this is a small piece, it is dense with 14 different colors and serious back-stitching!

Chickens are early morning birds...
Let's see what else is going on as the sun rises over the hills.

Some preen.

Some watch.

Some wash their face.

Some have a bite of breakfast - ouch!~

Some worry.

Some stand guard.

Some are guarded.
(The above couple is my latest and probably last set of quail parents.  They have just one teeny, tiny baby - only a couple of inches tall as of yet - but it's the tail that wags the dog!)  

Some glisten in the sun.

Some quench their thirst.

What are you doing this morning?

10 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

Cute rooster! I love that the cats are using the bird bath. Do they keep the birds away?

Tracey said...

Sweet finish and wonderful pics! How blessed you are to have so many beautiful woodland creatures nearby. :)

SewAmy said...

wow, your animal pictures are amazing. I love your rooster too.

Melody said...

The rooster looks great. I love the colors. The picture of the two deer made me LOL. Such beautiful scenery you have around you. Since I'm working this morning, I'll mosey through your pics one more time and pretend I can smell the sunshine :)

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Lovely post today Beth, the hummingbird is gorgeous to see up close, especially if you click on the photo.

cucki said...

sweet stitching..
sweet pictures..like always..
big hugs xx

blue star stitcher said...

I love your hummingbird photo, his green feathers really sparkle in that light.

Barb said...

Sorry about the nasty frogs! I think your nature post is just like a poem. So pretty!

Gabi said...

That rooster is gorgeous. Love it.
And your animal pictures are just amazing. I would LOVE to live at a place where I could admire wild life from that close.

Carol said...

It is funny how sometimes those smaller projects can be so tricky to stitch--that is a lot of color changes for one little rooster! But, he turned out so cute...

Love the animals daily routine photos--the worry bunny is what I'm like this morning. Am at my parents for a few days and tend to worry a lot about my dad whenever I'm here :(

Enjoy your weekend, Beth!